Sidney Jefferies

Senior Spotlight

Pike Temple, Reporter

Sidney Jefferies is a Senior at John Adams High School. Sidney plays on the school’s football team as well as the school’s basketball team. An extraordinary accomplishment of Sidney’s is playing varsity on both the football team and basketball team all four years of his athletic career at Adams. A goal that Sidney wants to accomplish before he graduates from John Adams is winning sectionals and/or state with the school football team. He believes that he has made valuable connections with the coaches during his time at Adams. His commitment to the sport will undoubtedly open a few doors.

Sidney’s efforts as an athlete have paved the way for a career after high school. He has made an impression on some college coaches during his high school career and has been in conversation with these coaches about playing at the next level. Playing wide receiver and free safety, Sidney has some pretty impressive highlights; surely nothing short of a highlight reel. Another goal that Sidney wants to accomplish in his athletic career is winning a championship with his prospective college sports teams during his years of higher education.

Besides his impressive athletic career, Sidney enjoys listening to music. He considers himself to be a very kind and funny person, and isn’t afraid to crack a joke. Sidney believes he is a respectful person and values his fellow students and teammates. He is especially grateful for the adults and friends that have supported him through his life.

Sidney has taken Pre-Calc during his time at Adams, and saw it as a challenge, but one he was willing to face. He also takes part in an organization called Brothers, striving to help build friendships between boys and men in the community.

Sidney likes to challenge himself in the classroom, and on both the football field and basketball court. He is a baseline hard worker. Sidney has an excellent character. He’s a very outgoing person and represents the best of Adams. This next summer, we will be saying good bye and best of luck to Sidney Jefferies as he is going to be graduating John Adams High School after this upcoming semester, but Sidney is inevitably destined for greatness succeeding the special moment when he will walk across the stage and receive his diploma.