Spring Fling 2019

Dancing Through the Decades

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Fling 2019

Joey Shrader, Reporter

This past Friday, April 26, the John Adams choirs held their annual Spring Fling performance. The show featured members of the show choir, as well as, the concert choir, and the mixed choirs. This year’s theme was “Dancing Through the Decades,” and included a variety of songs throughout the years.

The show began with a “Musical Prelude,” which featured “I Will Never,” a solo performed by Macey Banke, “Can’t Help Falling in Love with You,” a duet performed by Tessa Griffin and Tommy Han, “Strange Fruit,” a solo performed by David Smith, “Never Enough,” a solo performed by Hannah Mihut, and “White Winter Hymnal,” a quartet performed by Sydney Evans, Makiah McCain, David Smith, and George Ruscio-Atkinson.

The performance then transitioned into the first section of songs performed by the John Adams Show Choir. They performed “C’mon Everybody” (which included a solo from Jonathon Zapf), “Surfin’ U.S.A.,” “I Wonder Why,” “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You,” “Night Fever,” and “Thank You for the Music.” Next, the concert choir and the mixed choirs came together to perform a medley from the musical Footloose, which featured six shortened versions of songs. This medley featured solos from Isabella Ernsberger, Tale’a Gillespie, Na’shon Williams, Kyra Earl, Abrielle Linson, Tequla Kizer, and Riana Wilson.

The show choir then took the stage again to perform “Rock With You,” “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” (with solos from Sydney Evans and David Smith), “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart,” and “Wannabe” (with a rap solo from Makiah McCain). Finally, all choirs came together to perform “Sing” by Pentatonix, which also featured a rap solo by Monica Caponigro.

Overall, the show was extremely enjoyable. As always, the John Adams choirs were extremely impressive! It was inspiring to see how much work each choir, and each performer had put in to make the show incredible.

About the Writer
Joey Shrader, Reporter

Joey Shrader is seventeen years old and a senior at Adams. This is his first year as a reporter for The Tower. He is very excited to be a part of The Tower...