Big Band Bash

Joie Warnke, Reporter

Join the John Adams Band and Art Department on Friday May 5, 2023 from 6-10 P.M. for the annual Big Band Bash! The night will be filled with food, music, art, dancing, a silent auction, and fun! The event will feature the jazz bands of John Adams and LaSalle Intermediate, along with a special performance by local Latin band, Clave Caribe. The spectacular evening will take place in the John Adams B Gym, and the theme will be Cinco de Mayo. You can expect to see many decorations that correlate with the theme, and you are more than welcome to dress accordingly!

Local restaurant, Frankie’s Tacos, will be available for purchase at Big Band Bash. Frankie’s Taco’s is an authentic Mexican restaurant located just down the street from John Adams High School. It specializes in items such as tacos, taco salads, chimichangas, burritos, chips and salsa, and more!

Additionally, the event will include an area for an art exhibit. The exhibit will showcase many talented artists that are enrolled in the International Baccalaureate Art program, as well as talented artists within the South Bend community. In the gallery, there will be art hung on the boards, as well as ceramics available for purchase to attendees. 

The silent auction of Big Band Bash features many different items from local businesses, as well as your favorite chain companies. Some examples include Strikes and Spares, Louie’s Tux Shop, and two Chicago Cubs tickets. A number of parents have also contributed hand-made items to the silent auction, including a blanket and a John Adams tumbler. 

If you are unable to attend the event, but would still like to participate in the silent auction, you can! By clicking this link, https://givegrove.com/bigbandbash23, you will access the website, GiveGrove, and be able to bid on all of your favorite items. You can also select your desired donation amount to the John Adams band if you so choose. The auction will close at the conclusion of the event, 10 P.M.,  so do not worry, you have plenty of time to bid!

All of the proceeds collected from this event will go towards the John Adams Marching Band, specifically funding for items such as uniforms, props for the show, entry fees for competitions, new instruments, and so much more. The band is extremely grateful for anyone who decides to donate, as it allows them to continue to compete in competitions and create the best experience possible for the band members.

So come on out and support the band! You will not regret this night of entertainment and fun!