Connor McKenna

Senior Spotlight

Oriane Dancler, Reporter

Connor McKenna is a star student-athlete who will be graduating from John Adams High School this year. Connor is one of the captains of the soccer team and also participates in Model United Nations, Mock Trial Freshman for his junior year, Spanish club, Students Demand Action, South Bend Green Ribbon Commission, and South Bend Sunrise movement. One of Connor’s biggest accomplishments is being named first team academic all state for his junior and senior year.

Connor’s family always had an expectation to do at least one sport. The sport Connor chose was soccer. From the second he first kicked the ball, he fell in love with the sport. Connor  has been in soccer for twelve years and his position is center forward. He has been a part of the John Adams soccer team for all of his four years. His biggest accomplishment on the team is being named first team all district and getting to play in the state all star game this year. The memories he has created will forever be invaluable to him and have made a huge impact on his life. He says “ The relationships that I’ve built by playing soccer, and the memories I have made are invaluable, and it is those relationships that have kept me playing soccer for so long.”

Striving to be great on the field is something he is proud of but he is also proud of his academics. Connor is planning on getting his honors diploma this year. He is planning to apply to Notre Dame, Princeton University, Northwestern University, Washington University, and Saint Louis University. His soccer skills have also got him a couple offers including Williams College, Whitworth University, Muskegon University, and Geneva College. Conner is also in talks with Notre Dame, Princeton, and Saint Joesephs. In college he plans on studying philosophy or economics and wants to become a public defender. 

Connor is a leader on and off the field. He would describe himself as dedicated, fun and caring. His teammates had nothing but great words to say about him. They describe him as a brother to them, never selfish, always kind, and motivational. Connor has made a big impact during his time at Adams. He would describe his time here as “fun, unorthodox, and crazy in the best ways.” He has created great memories here that he will forever cherish, but his favorite is winning sectionals for soccer his senior and sophomore year. Connor is going to go off and do big things in just a couple months. The whole Adams community is behind him on whatever path he chooses and hopes he is the best he can and will be.