Yvette Burton

Senior Spotlight

Yvette+Burton

Madalyn Berry, Reporter

Yvette Burton’s shining and outgoing personality allows her to be a jack of all trades within the John Adams community. Being heavily committed to the John Adams Girls swim team, with long hours of practices and swim meets, she finds time to continue her passion of singing with the show choir and keeps her grades up through the National Honors Society.
Burton was born on April 16, 2005 in Jackson, MS. At four years old her family moved to Chicago, then six years later, to Indiana. Burton’s favorite childhood memory was when she got her two miniature schnauzer puppies, Bo and Bella. “I love animals,” Burton said. Outside of school, Burton enjoys singing, taking pictures and reading.
Striving to achieve an Academic Honors Diploma with an IB Certificate, Burton challenges herself by taking higher level/advanced courses. Burton can’t wait to graduate and start the next chapter of her life. Eager to graduate, she plans on attending college and majoring in sociology. After she finishes her undergraduate degree, Burton plans to continue her education by going to medical school and becoming a neonatologist.
“The overall goal is to help take care of the babies that need extra care,” Burton said.
Burton advises all the underclassmen to never give up. She expresses how the work is not fun and classes may be hard but keep doing the work; understanding that the work now can help you in the future. “It’s worth it at the end of the day,” Burton said. Carrying out her life by Ken Poriot she continuously holds on to, “Today’s your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want”.