Mr. Seitz Named District Two Principal Of The Year

Julia Maina, Editor-in-Chief

On November 21, 2022, Principal James Seitz was awarded Indiana Principal of the Year for District Two. 

As the Principal of John Adams for eight years now, he has had three main goals overall for Adams as a whole; setting students up for success after high school, keeping a 90% or higher graduation rate, and teaching students how to live and work well with others.

“You want to have a safe, caring environment, it seems like in this day and age it’s getting more difficult to do for a variety of reasons, but I think if we can have those three things then we’ve done our job,” Mr. Seitz said. 

As Mr. Seitz was awarded Principal of the year, he notes that it is not from the work he alone has done, but the work of the whole John Adams community as a whole. Seitz mentions and expresses his happiness not only for himself, but for students, teachers, staff, and parents.

“This is certainly not something you win on your own- do on your own. It’s really a joint effort.” Seitz said. \

The state of Indiana is divided into twelve districts; St.Joseph being located in two.. Along with St.Joseph County, the following counties are also included: LaPorte, Elkhart, Marshall, Kosciusko, Fulton, Starke, Pulaski, Miami, and Wabash. 

During the State dinner in mid November, Seitz and family attended where he was awarded this title. Furthermore, Seitz mentions the validation this shows for the hard work of all the students and staff at Adams. Through the different programs, events and clubs Adams has to offer, and all the work both students and teachers give towards those to keep them running are all things Seitz awards. Along with validation, the teacher-student interactions and family interactions within the community are noted as his top priority, ensuring that students and families are where they need to be, with the resources available. 

According to Mr. Seitz, “The best thing we have are the people.”