2022 Valedictorians and Salutatorians

Julia Maina, Editor-in-Chief

Valedictorians

Lifetouch

JOSEPHINA CONWAY

Josephina Conway will be attending The University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN this fall semester. She plans to majoring in Pre-Professional, as well as competing for the ND fencing team. As an Adams Eagle and a full IB student, Josephina has shown exceptional talent and leadership all around John Adams. Through her four years, Jojo would mention her favorite memory as drawing outside in her Theory of Knowledge class. Josephina advises the underclassmen to “not take yourself too seriously, and value your time spent with others.”

ELLA DOPPKE

Ella Doppke plans to attend Washington University in St.Louis, MO and will major in anthropology. Ella picked WashU for their location in the big city as well as their various study abroad programs and foreign language programs. Along with a major in anthropology, Ella plans on focusing in archaeology and foreign language, hoping to pursue a career in a museum. From her many fun memories at Adams, her favorite would be getting to spend time with her friends in Indianapolis during the Mock Trial State meet sophomore year. Ella advises underclassmen to “focus on what you are passionate about, and know yourself better than anyone else. When there’s times you feel like you are struggling, or could be challenged more, make sure to enact those changes so you can get the most out of your four years.¨ 

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

KYLIE FREYMUTH

This fall semester, Kylie Freymuth will be attending the University of Indianapolis, in Indianapolis, IN and majoring in Exercise Science. Kylie is ecstatic about UIndy for their amazing health science program. As a partial IB student and very involved in many clubs around John Adams, Kylie would mention her favorite memory was Prom 2022. As President of the senior class, decorating and helping plan prom out, as one of the only high school dances she got to attend was extraordinary to see come together in one. Encouragement to the underclassmen would be to “get involved and try new things. Being a part of clubs and other activities are what help grow friendships and make amazing memories.”

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

REID METOYER

Reid Metoyer plans to attend Columbia College in New York, NY. He is undecided in his major but sees himself in some STEM field because of interest in problem solving and science. Reid chose Columbia because of the academic model of the school as well as being able to live in New York. Reid’s favorite memory at Adams was every moment he shared with the band. He has been playing in a band for 6 years and has loved every minute of it. He would advise underclassmen to “Work together. Working together with his graduating class has made his 4 years at Adams more enjoyable.”

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

ALEXIS WILLOUR

Alexis Willour plans to attend Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN. She plans to major in Structural Engineering. Alexis chose Rose-Hulman because it has one of the best undergraduate engineering programs in the country. She also liked that it is a small school and gives attention to its students as well as she still has an opportunity to play soccer. Her favorite memory over the last 4 years was beating Marian in soccer 2 years in a row in penalty kicks. Another favorite memory was when one of the soccer players pretended to be kidnapped at Diamond Lake and the team freaked out. Her advice to the underclassmen is to “take classes you’re interested in or you think would help your career path.”

Salutatorians

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

ERIC DERR

Eric Derr will be attending the University of Notre Dame. Eric chose Notre Dame because of the vast amount of resources that he discovered were available to film students like himself. Eric will be majoring in film, television, and theater as well as French. Eric hopes to be a film editor, translator, or both when he graduates. Eric says that one of his favorite memories while here at Adams is when a student in his philosophy class bought Mr. Weaver a fish. Lastly, Eric says that if he could give any advice to underclassmen, it would be this: “Do things you enjoy, get involved, and enjoy high school, because it actually does go by fast.” 

Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.

EMILIE VEREB

Emilie Vereb will be attending Purdue University in the fall. She chose this school because she fell in love as soon as she stepped foot into the campus. Emilie was accepted into the Women in Science Learning Community, and this school will offer support with her major. Emlie will also have an opportunity to try out for the Women’s Club Soccer program in the fall. At Purdue, Emilie will be majoring in Biology, and she hopes to pursue a masters degree in Forensic Science. Emilie’s favorite memories while at John Adams High School are when the girls soccer team beat Marian in Penalty kicks two years in a row and when Ms. Stanton agreed to let Emilie put on a High School Musical Marathon. Emilie’s advice for underclassmen is “Remember to take classes that really interest you and you don’t have to be a part of every single club/sport in high school to be successful in life. Also, if you are stuck on choosing a foreign language, take Spanish, the teachers are AMAZING.”