Allison Kinney

Allison Kinney
Allison Kinney

Allison Kinney is a kind and hardworking member of John Adams High School. Throughout her time at Adams, Allison has been involved in a wide variety of clubs and sports. As a candidate for the partial International Baccalaureate diploma, she has also participated in swimming during her freshman, sophomore, and senior years, as well as diving during her junior year. Allison is the treasurer for Eagles Going Green and participates in Mental Health Club, National Honor Society, John Adams Volunteer Association and Art Club. 

In her very scarce free time, Allison enjoys reading and painting and loves to give back to the community, volunteering whenever possible. Spending time with her family and friends is one of her favorite ways to relax. 

After spending four years at Adams, Allison has decided that her favorite teacher is Mr. Timmons. Having him as her biology teacher freshman year as well as her IB biology teacher both junior and senior year, Allison has deemed him her favorite teacher because “he made me realize how fun science can be and he always makes his students feel heard and understood.” 

When asked about her favorite memories from her years at John Adams, Allison chose watching the parades during football season, as well as being part of the parade for homecoming court because she had the opportunity to dress up for it. A second favorite memory she has is making it to sectionals for swimming her senior year and beating her personal record in her event. She recalled being thrilled that she got to celebrate this special moment with her team since it meant a lot to her. 

After asking Allison what advice she would give her freshman self as a senior looking back on her time at Adams, her response was, “Embrace every opportunity for growth and be kind not only to yourself but to everyone around you. Sometimes a door needs to close so a window can open.” 

Allison’s future plans consist of attending college at Saint Mary’s, where she is already committed. She currently has no specific major in mind but wants to pursue something related to medicine. She has hopes of possibly becoming a dermatologist later down the road. After school, Allison has ambitions to travel and see the world. The Tower wishes Allison luck on her future goals and a joyous end to her senior year!