Jaydin Miller

Senior Spotlight

Jaydin+Miller

Ryan Downey, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Following the previous football season, every player on the Eagles´ football team knew that there was much work to be done. Adams had a record of 3-7 last year with wins over only Washington, Clay, and St. Joseph. Unfortunately, after the loss to Northridge at the start of the 2018 season, the feelings associated with the loss were all too familiar. However, with the help of senior Jaydin Miller, the team has progressed in their passion for the sport and for their family in the locker room. Miller, being a captain of the team and a senior that has been on the team for four years, had no problem stepping into a leadership role to rally the Eagles for their next opponent. With his halftime speeches and his dedication, on and off the field, Miller has aided the Eagles team in strengthening their use of communication in games and their ¨football IQ¨. The immediate outcome showed results as Adams rolled over Lowell 33-6 and Riley 46-12.

Jaydin Miller, in his stats, has been having a successful season so far as he scored four touchdowns (two rushing, two passing) in the game against Riley with 88 rushing yards and 46 receiving yards. This is an obvious result of his consistent amount of work in the offseason with head coach Antwon Jones and the other starters of the team. Miller has been a starter on varsity since he was a sophomore and has been a constant source of impact on every side of the ball. He has been playing football since he was 5 years old and was in the position of quarterback and safety until high school.

In the future, Miller hopes to play football in college and possibly in the NFL. He said if he does not however, he wants to “work around football in some way after my career as a player.” When prompted on how he thinks the season will turn out, he said “I think the season so far has been fun […] I think we’re hungry and we want to win so I’m excited. I think it could go very good as long as we play hard all year.” Outside of football he is involved in JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates) and B.R.O.T.H.E.R.S. Following the loss to Mishawaka, the Eagles are preparing to take down the Penn Kingsmen at their homecoming game this Friday (9/14) at 7 pm!